Wondering what you can do to sell more of your product in stores during the holiday season? Here are a few ideas to spark some last minute ‘ho ho ho’ sales:
Sample your product. Perhaps make a ‘miniature’ version of your lotion or chocolate. Bite-size, and enticing. You can ask the storeowner to give these samples away or you can sell them inexpensively to gain more trials. Either way, it’s a win!
- Do something that goes above and beyond. Maybe hand out samples at the parking garage right across from the food coop – and encourage your ‘customers’ to partake of more by heading to the store!
- Host a taste-test party one evening – at the store or even at your home or office. Give coupons out as party favors – redeemable at your top 3 local stocking retailers.
- Take pictures of your product in production – post on Instagram and on Facebook. Mention the retailers who carry your amazing goodies.
- Sponsor your food prep posts in Facebook to get your reach up – and product sold through. Again, mention your friendly retailers!
- Blog about the people who stock your product – do a profile of the store and maybe promote one a day for the next few days before Christmas. It will make them happy and acknowledged . . . and just might increase their sales!
- While you’re blogging or social posting, why not make a list of favorite places to shop in your town. Hopefully the retailers who stock your product make the cut!
- If you have an email list of steady customers – and even ones who you’ve been woefully out of touch with – now might be a good time for a reminder of your new offerings. Encourage them to pamper themselves with one of your choice delights, after all the holiday rush is over.
- Tweet a ‘secret discount’ for one hour only – say when there’s a storm or a temporary lull in purchases. Make it a fun and memorable ‘twist’ to the usual discount code – maybe Santa’s middle name or revealing the 3rd ingredient in your amazing toffee.
These are just a few last minute ‘feet-ured’ items to drive foot traffic to your product all along Main Street, USA. We do wish you a joyous selling season. As always, you can count on us for custom product labels, stickers, and banners — reach out to us to start your print job!