The design of your labels plays a massive role in maximizing the sale potential of your products. So, don’t mistake your labels and stickers as a minor element in your products. After all, your labels can spell the difference in how people will view your brand.
Choosing the best design for your labels shouldn’t be difficult. That’s why we’ve outlined all the steps you need to take to create a hit label design for your products.
Research Your Audience
Of course, the first thing you need to do is know to whom you’re selling your products and services. While you may have a vague idea of your target customers, it’s always good to be more detailed in your research. Knowing your audience will help you design a label for them.
So, what should you ask when you do your research? Here are some questions to get to know who your target customers are:
- What are their demographics? You can include their age, occupation, education, location, and even their relationship status.
- Are they drawn to any specific colors? We’ll talk about color psychology and how it impacts your label in the next section.
- What are the similar brands that they engage with at the moment? Take a look at some elements that your audience like and dislike about their branding and label designs.
Asking these questions will help you reach your target customers better and craft better labels for your products.
Pick the Right Color
Your colors should balance being on-brand and being attractive to your customers. After all, your labels should set your product apart from the rest of your competition. Furthermore, your design color should also reflect the identity of your product. For instance, if you’re selling something spicy, you’d want to use red as the dominant color on your label. In fact, there’s a whole range of colors that you can use to evoke specific emotions from your audience.
Understanding color psychology in label printing design will help you win more customers for your brand.
Pair With the Right Fonts
Your fonts can say a lot about your label. There’s no reason you should ignore your label’s typography for vital information like ingredients, expiration dates, and your product name.
First, you need to ensure that your label’s fonts are readable. Confusing and unreadable fonts will turn off customers and will reflect poorly on your brand. Here are some things that you need to consider for your font’s readability:
- Consistency: You shouldn’t use many fonts in your label design. In fact, using more than one font type may confuse your customers.
- Font size: Your font size shouldn’t be too big or too small to read.
- Spacing: While font size is essential, it’s also crucial to pay attention to your text’s spacing. You don’t want your label to feel too cramped or expansive to read.
- Contrast: You have to ensure that your colors don’t get in the way of reading text. For instance, if your background is in a lighter shade of color, then it’s wise to keep your text color in a darker shade like black.
Secondly, you also need to determine what your font style should be. Are you aiming to be stylish? Youthful? Smart? Choosing the appropriate fonts on your labels will help your customers understand why your product is worth purchasing.
Choose Your Label Materials
It doesn’t matter if your labels look good. If it’s not durable enough to withstand several environmental conditions, then you’re setting your design up to fail. That’s why it’s equally important to consider packaging your materials when designing your labels. Furthermore, it would help if you also looked for a label printing service to support your labels’ wide range of materials.
Choose a packaging material that can withstand heat, moisture, and even UV lights.
Use Powerful Graphics and Images
Above everything else, your labels are a graphic element for your products. While words can help communicate vital information, images can also make or break your product’s sales potential. Therefore, choosing high-quality images and graphics for your designs is essential. But, don’t worry. There’s an abundance of free stock images that you can use for your labels. You can source your images from these websites:
If you’re having a hard time designing your own label, then you can use our free label templates for your designs.
Print Your Labels With Leapin’ Lizard Labels
Without a streamlined process to choose the best design for your labels, you’ll be unsure if the design works well for your product. At Leapin’ Lizard Labels, we work hard to make the label printing process easier for you, from assisting in designing to printing.
To learn more about our process and how we can help you, please don’t hesitate to contact our team today.