Many sustainable and eco-friendly brands are choosing to use natural label materials instead of traditional plastics. Natural label materials, like paper and bamboo, are made from renewable resources and are compostable or recyclable. This shift from plastic packaging is helping to reduce the amount of plastic waste in landfills every year.
Reducing Plastic Waste
Of the 40 million tons of plastic waste generated in the United States last year, only five to six percent—or about two million tons—was recycled. The amount of plastic waste in landfills every year is staggering.
Every year, millions of tons of plastic waste end up in landfills. This is a huge problem for the environment, and it's one that we need to start solving ASAP. One way to do this is by increasing awareness for sustainable brands that use natural label materials. These brands are doing their part to reduce plastic waste and deserve our support. By purchasing products from these companies, we can help make a difference in the fight against climate change.
Natural Label Materials
Sustainable and eco-friendly brands are increasingly looking to use natural label materials instead of traditional plastics to reduce environmental impact. This is because traditional plastics can take hundreds or even thousands of years to degrade, leaching harmful chemicals into the environment in the meantime. On the other hand, natural label materials are made from renewable resources and break down much more quickly.
There are several reasons why you might want to consider using natural label materials for your sustainable brand.
- Messaging–For one thing, it sends a strong message about your commitment to environmental responsibility. .
- Reduce costs–Using natural label materials may help reduce your product's cost. Natural label materials will be more expensive than synthetic materials, but their benefits to your company may outweigh them. For example, natural label materials may be better quality than synthetic materials and last longer.
- Brand recognition–Having a natural label on your product may help you to build brand recognition. This is particularly true when your brand has a strong connection with nature.
- They are 100% biodegradable and compostable, which means they have a minimal carbon footprint.
- They come in various shapes, sizes, weights, and colors which means you have a lot of choices to tailor the exact look of your packaging to the needs of your product.
- They are usually made from renewable resources such as corn or bamboo, so won't impact natural resources.
- It’s in line with your company philosophy.
Many different brands are trying to reach the Millennial market and are making great strides. It’s a simple way to get ahead of the competition and make a positive impression on your market. More and more people are shifting away from synthetic materials to natural ones as it is becoming more well-known that natural materials cause less harm to the environment.
Once you’ve switched to natural label materials, how do you use that to boost awareness for both your brand and sustainability? We’ve listed some tips below:
- Use your packaging to make an impact - by engaging in collaborations with other brands that also use sustainable materials, you can build a buzz around your brand while raising awareness.
- Be consistent - ensure your brand is known for doing the right thing. There will always be companies that don't live up to their claims, so make sure that you are a part of the solution.
- Display your brand in a store window, where customers are sure to see them.
- Use creative in-store campaigns, such as product demos and taste tests.
- Run a direct mail campaign to increase customer retention and brand awareness.
- Partner with a non-profit or NGO for the good of the community or environment, and offer your products in return for a contribution to their cause.
Leverage your natural label materials to differentiate your product - highlight high-quality, sustainable, and ethical materials to convey your brand ethos. Target influencers with a natural and organic focus are a big part of building awareness of organic and fair trade brands. Utilize product packaging that helps sell the story behind your brand - natural labels can be a brilliant way to communicate your values and differentiate you from competitors.
Get Started With Natural Label Materials
At Leapin’ Lizard Labels, we offer a variety of eco-friendly materials for your label-making needs! We hope this guide has helped you better understand the importance of using natural label materials for your sustainable brand. To get started on your project, contact our team of experts today!